I am a marketing communications professional with a track record in the technology and consumer electronics markets. My main areas of expertise include developing and maintaining relationships with technology media and analysts; acting as a technology spokesperson and evangelist; developing marketing messages and delivering them through technology demonstrations and written materials; driving co-marketing opportunities with partners and customers; and managing day-to-day social media programs in close alignment with marketing campaigns.
My technical background includes a MSc. in computer graphics at the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies in Pisa and a brief stint as a CPU engineer.
When not planted firmly in front of my laptop, I can be found hitting the basketball court, singing along at a rock n’ roll concert, enjoying art cinema or reading my favorite American authors.
August 2016 – present
Responsibilities: Assist in the development of creative campaigns ensuring Ocado Technology stays in the news and is positioned as a thought leader on key industry trends and issues; support communications on Code for Life; assist in running a smooth and efficient press office function, ensuring a constant stream of positive coverage; ensure campaigns run on time, on budget and deliver against all business objectives; management of PR budgets, negotiating where possible to deliver the best ROI; provide advice and support to colleagues across Ocado Technology with regards to content and messaging for outward facing communications including press releases, interviews, conferences, blogs etc.; work with our international offices to create press releases and other marketing materials to promote the brand at a local level; manage the Content and Social Media Lead; managing the Ocado Technology brand providing advice on use as documented in the guidelines; working in collaboration with the in-house creative team, brief in campaigns to promote external/internal events, website, digital and print content, merchandise and other materials as required; work with key stakeholders across the business including: the wider PR stream, Brand, IR, Finance, CSR, HR, Ocado Non-Executive Board.
Senior marketing communications manager at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, United Kingdom)
May 2012 – August 2016
Responsibilities: Developing and maintaining relationships with technology media and analysts; acting as a technology spokesperson; developing marketing messages and delivering them through technology demonstrations and written materials (press releases, blog articles, whitepapers, etc.); driving co-marketing opportunities with partners and customers; cultivating and educating ambassadors for Imagination among the maker and open source communities; managing day-to-day social media programs that positively position Imagination’s technologies in close alignment with marketing campaigns.
CPU engineer at ARM (Cambridge, United Kingdom)
November 2010 – April 2012
Responsibilities: Various engineering tasks related to the design of Cortex-A and Cortex-M CPUs for mobile and embedded devices.
Internship at FotoNation (Brasov, Romania)
December 2008 – June 2010
Internship at Siemens (Brasov, Romania)
July 2006 – November 2008
October 2009 – July 2010
BSc. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Hardware at Universitatea Transilvania din Brasov (Brasov, Romania)
October 2004 – July 2009
- Smart cities on the rise (CTA i3)
- The ultimate untethered audio experience (CTA i3)
- The IP licensing business model. A love story. (PC Perspective)
- Practical techniques for ray tracing in games (Gamasutra)
- Getting wearables right (CTA i3)
- The fast lane of innovation (CTA i3)
- Connecting the world one machine at a time (CTA i3)
- Building scalable graphics for mobile (Gamasutra)
- The $65 MIPS development board for IoT on Linux (The Linux Foundation)
- Can it run BSD? The story of a MIPS-based PIC32 microcontroller (BSD Magazine)
- Ray tracing for beginners (Embedded Computing Design)
- Reporting front row from the IoT Security Foundation launch (IoT Security Foundation)
- Who is buying up all the semiconductor companies? (ECN Magazine)
- Bringing better security to mobile, automotive or IoT (ChipEstimate)
- Inside JAXA’s Hayabusa-2 mission to asteroid rendezvous (Spaceflight Insider)
- VRTV #8: Imagination Technologies, McDonald’s & Season Finale (VRFocus)
- An interview with Alexandru Voica and Jen Bernier from Imagination Technologies (Bits N’ Chips)
- Interview with Imagination at MWC 2015 (Android Authority)
- Crowdsourcing Innovation: Alexandru Voica, Imagination Technologies (IDG Connect)
- Imagination Technologies interview: photorealistic gaming on mobiles and tablets (GamingBolt)
- Imagination demos real-time ray tracing on a PowerVR GPU (Hexus)
- Chip Designer Imagination Says Wearable Boom Will Vindicate Its Risky Expansion (Forbes)
- Imagination Technologies Is Crowdfunding A Dev Kit For IoT (TechCrunch)
- Interview with Imagination at MWC 2014 (Android Authority)
- Imagination Technologies Demonstrations of Computer Vision Applications (Embedded Vision Alliance)