I am a marketing communications professional with a track record in the technology, retail and consumer electronics markets. Throughout my career, I’ve had the pleasure to work with world-class engineering teams and develop PR and communications campaigns that have built the engineering brand of those teams across many domain specialties: semiconductors, consumer electronics, robotics, machine learning, infrastructure software/systems, cloud computing, mobile development, developer tools, and more.
My strengths include a solid understanding of the press landscape, the ability to find great stories deep in the technology stack, and a willingness and positive energy to deliver the nuts and bolts.
My technical background includes an MSc. in VR and computer graphics at the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies in Pisa and a brief stint as a CPU engineer.
When not planted firmly in front of my laptop, I can be found hitting the basketball court, singing along at a rock n’ roll concert, enjoying art cinema or reading my favorite American authors.
EMEA communications manager, Engineering at Facebook (London, United Kingdom)
August 2018 – present
Responsibilities: Partner closely with senior technical leadership at the company and the Global Engineering Communications Team to define the engineering brand in EMEA and develop a communications strategy in support; develop strong internal relationships to discover examples and innovations to support storytelling; develop and draft communications materials including blog posts, press plans, reactive statements, and briefing materials, and work with cross-functional teams and outside vendors to create video content; manage digital channels; review external presentation materials on behalf of engineering teams and spokespeople; collaborate with the regional communication teams to drive proactive media programs that showcase Facebook’s leadership in engineering and research, with a focus on the London engineering office; work closely with the regional communication teams to drive positive coverage in technical, business, local and national media; prepare and train spokespeople, and staff press briefings and speaking events
August 2016 – August 2018
Responsibilities: Assist in the development of creative campaigns ensuring Ocado Technology stays in the news and is positioned as a thought leader on key industry trends and issues; support communications on Code for Life; assist in running a smooth and efficient press office function, ensuring a constant stream of positive coverage; ensure campaigns run on time, on budget and deliver against all business objectives; management of PR budgets, negotiating where possible to deliver the best ROI; provide advice and support to colleagues across Ocado Technology with regards to content and messaging for outward facing communications including press releases, interviews, conferences, blogs etc.; work with our international offices to create press releases and other marketing materials to promote the brand at a local level; manage the Content and Social Media Lead; managing the Ocado Technology brand providing advice on use as documented in the guidelines; working in collaboration with the in-house creative team, brief in campaigns to promote external/internal events, website, digital and print content, merchandise and other materials as required; work with key stakeholders across the business including: the wider PR stream, Brand, IR, Finance, CSR, HR, Ocado Non-Executive Board.
Senior marketing communications manager at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, United Kingdom)
May 2012 – August 2016
Responsibilities: Developing and maintaining relationships with technology media and analysts; acting as a technology spokesperson; developing marketing messages and delivering them through technology demonstrations and written materials (press releases, blog articles, whitepapers, etc.); driving co-marketing opportunities with partners and customers; cultivating and educating ambassadors for Imagination among the maker and open source communities; managing day-to-day social media programs that positively position Imagination’s technologies in close alignment with marketing campaigns.
CPU engineer at ARM (Cambridge, United Kingdom)
November 2010 – April 2012
Responsibilities: Various engineering tasks related to the design of Cortex-A and Cortex-M CPUs for mobile and embedded devices.
Internship at FotoNation (Brasov, Romania)
December 2008 – June 2010
Internship at Siemens (Brasov, Romania)
July 2006 – November 2008
October 2009 – July 2010
BSc. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Hardware at Universitatea Transilvania din Brasov (Brasov, Romania)
October 2004 – July 2009
- Smart cities on the rise (CTA i3)
- The IP licensing business model. A love story. (PC Perspective)
- Practical techniques for ray tracing in games (Gamasutra)
- Building scalable graphics for mobile (Gamasutra)
- The $65 MIPS development board for IoT on Linux (The Linux Foundation)
- Can it run BSD? The story of a MIPS-based PIC32 microcontroller (BSD Magazine)
- Ray tracing for beginners (Embedded Computing Design)
- Reporting front row from the IoT Security Foundation launch (IoT Security Foundation)
- Who is buying up all the semiconductor companies? (ECN Magazine)
- Bringing better security to mobile, automotive or IoT (ChipEstimate)
- Inside JAXA’s Hayabusa-2 mission to asteroid rendezvous (Spaceflight Insider)
- VRTV #8: Imagination Technologies, McDonald’s & Season Finale (VRFocus)
- An interview with Alexandru Voica and Jen Bernier from Imagination Technologies (Bits N’ Chips)
- Interview with Imagination at MWC 2015 (Android Authority)
- Crowdsourcing Innovation: Alexandru Voica, Imagination Technologies (IDG Connect)
- Imagination Technologies interview: photorealistic gaming on mobiles and tablets (GamingBolt)
- Imagination demos real-time ray tracing on a PowerVR GPU (Hexus)
- Chip Designer Imagination Says Wearable Boom Will Vindicate Its Risky Expansion (Forbes)
- Imagination Technologies Is Crowdfunding A Dev Kit For IoT (TechCrunch)
- Interview with Imagination at MWC 2014 (Android Authority)
- Imagination Technologies Demonstrations of Computer Vision Applications (Embedded Vision Alliance)